Piffles Bowl 2 – Recap
Published: Saturday, Aug 11th 2018, 2:08pm
On Friday night, the Piffles Podcast along with Saskatchewan Roughrider star Defensive Back Jovon Johnson hosted our 2nd annual Piffles Bowl. We had a great turnout of people that came to play a few games of touch football on the field at Mosaic Stadium! We then went to Mr. Mike’s Grasslands location in Regina for great food and drinks and to do a raffle and silent auction for some great prizes that were generously donated to us by some wonderful local businesses! It was a blast to get out there Friday and have some fun, we hope those that made it out had a blast too!
All of this was done to raise money for Hope’s Home in Regina, a charity that provides medical care, integrated early learning and respite servies to children with complex medical needs and children from the community. And the total is….
Thank you ALL for helping us raise this money for Hope’s Home! Amazing! Last year’s total was $1,500 and we are thrilled to have broken that this year!
Congrats to those who walked out with prizes and to everyone who made donations. Give yourselves a pat on the back!
Here is a couple of our silent auction winners! Congrats, and thank you for supporting a great cause.
Special thank you’s go out to the following for their help in making this event all possible:
– Jovon Johnson of the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Jovon took time from his bye week (and drove in from another event in Manitoba that same morning!) to come out and mingle with our guests
– The City of Regina for allowing us to get onto the Mosaic Stadium field
– Mr. Mike’s Grasslands in Regina for hosting our afterparty, raffle and silent auction
– Of course, everyone that made it out to the games, the afterparty and those that donated via social media
– Tall Grass Apparel for providing us with the great shirts (which were nice and light and cool on a ridiculously hot day). Also, thanks for donating a great bunny hug for the auction.
– Matt Sharpe for donating a Duron Carter print that we got signed.
– Dairy Queen on Elphinstone for the great prize pack. Who doesn’t want ice cream in the middle of heat wave?
– Regis Salon (Southland) for the great hair care package.
– The Bushwakker – someone went home with a free flight of beer.
– Laser Quest for the Key Quest and Laser Quest prize pack
– Escape Manor provided us with a wonderful 4 person gift certificate
– Harvard Developments Inc – thank you for the autographed Graham Delaet Titleist hat
– Tattoo Underground donated a hotly contested $400 gift certificate
– Brad Mauer was kind enough to donate 2 autographed team shirts and a signed Durant mini football
If you're having trouble subscribing, subscribe here instead.
RT @RealAlexD: Jeremy O'Day hits Home Run with Trevor Harris #Riders #CFL #CFLFA #CFLFA23 https://t.co/QkgA2gTr0c
Trevor Harris is set to become the new starting QB here in Riderville and @RealAlexD says GM Jeremy O'Day knocked i… https://t.co/ifffFNZ7jV
Poster edited with the correct dates. https://t.co/Y6Jk7SfQ4O
Your price includes ticket to the game, transportation to and from Winnipeg (and to and from the stadium), and a ho… https://t.co/CT7La8vrHF