Safimod’s Power Rankings – Week 3
Published: Monday, Jul 10th 2017, 4:07pm
By Stephen Safinuk (@Safimod)
Another week of great football in the CFL. Let’s take a look at how things are shaping up in this week’s edition of the Safimod Power Rankings
- Edmonton (LW – 1) Hard pressed to drop a team from the #1 spot on their bye week when nobody below them looked like world beaters. Good test against the REDBLACKS on Saturday night
- Calgary (LW – 2) Another week, and another win for the regular season juggernauts out of Calgary. A closer first half before outscoring the Bombers 20-0 in the 2nd half. The Stamps have to lose in the regular season eventually, right?
- BC (LW – 3) Another solid 4th quarter was the difference as BC showed they are a well coached team making solid 2nd half adjustments.
- Toronto (LW – 5) The Argos find themselves alone atop the Least Division with a 2-1 record after a win over the still winless Ottawa REDBLACKS. Ricky Ray has thrown for 1200 yards, and has 3 receivers in the top 7 in total receiving yards through 3 weeks. Did we write off old Ricky a little too early?
- Winnipeg (LW – 6) Hard to fault a team for losing to a team that hasn’t lost in the regular season since early last season, but like Shania says they “don’t impress me much”. I predicted Winnipeg as 5th in the West, and I stand by that prediction.
- Saskatchewan (LW – 8) Much like Ricky Ray, I think people wrote off Kevin Glenn a little too early. This might be the perfect type of offensive for him. 3rd in passing, 1st in passing touchdowns, and now he’s second in rushing TD’s, Kevin Glenn and his receivers are off to a torrid start. Another #Breakfast4Bakari/#Touchdown4Kids touchdown for Bakari Grant is in the books as well. Where would the Riders be if not for a pair of late misses from Tyler Crapigna (hint – probably higher)
- Ottawa (LW – 4) Sorry REDBLACKS fans, but your 0-2-1 team is having a rough go of it right now. A loss to the Toronto Argos has me quick-kicking your team down my rankings, and a battle against the #1 ranked Edmonton Eskimos may see you drop again. But this is the CFL so….
- Montreal (LW – 7) After the football Gods helped them earn a victory in week 1, the Als have not looked all that good. I will admit, they have a tough schedule to open the season (with games against Edmonton and BC and now Calgary this week) but they have to put wins on the board. If not, they have to show us some sign that they are close.
- Hamilton (LW – 9) To quote Josh Smith of 3 Down Nation, their defence sucks, their offense sucks, and their offensive line might suck worst of all. They look bad in almost every facet of the game. If things don’t turn around quick, it could be a long season in Steel Town.
If you're having trouble subscribing, subscribe here instead.
RT @PifflesPod: Ep. 194 - Feelin Dandy w/Logan Bandy (presented by @ElphinstoneDQ) is out! @GregOnSports & @RealAlexD recap the #Riders wi…
RT @RealAlexD: Don't feel like working? Me neither. Listen to @PifflesPod where Greg and I talk about stuff for a while!
RT @RealAlexD: Where was @Safimod this episode? Well... his planet needed him https://t.co/eQAdn3lT44
Ep. 194 - Feelin Dandy w/Logan Bandy (presented by @ElphinstoneDQ) is out! @GregOnSports & @RealAlexD recap the… https://t.co/iu9EFBeFAt